Time to Celebrate!
Yes you read it right! It’s free! Now you don’t get much for free these days, even air costs money in my local garage, but this is 100% totally for free. You can send us money and we will return it, you can send us a truck of gold bullion and we will drive it back, you can send us a Ferrari and.....well there is a limit!
This competition is being run by myself and Andrew James
, the creative team behind the soon to launch FotoBuzz
What’s the catch? Well everyone has small print and here is ours. In order to win you need to be a bald Orangutan that owns a Ford Focus, can speak French and German and whose middle name is Eric. See, it’s open to everyone!
can enter and ANYONE
can win. We do not care what camera you use or anything, we are interested in your photography and how you interpret the brief! The prizes will be signed books, free FotoBuzz
membership for a year plus anything else we can find in the loft! The top 10 images will also get a free critique from Andrew and myself, get some useful tips from the experts!
It’s a fun
competition for all levels of photographer around the world and we would like to state the judges are completely corrupt and open to any bribery you can think of!
In the words of the immortal disco kings Kool & the Gang, Cellllllllllebrate Good Times, C’Mon let’s celebrate!!!!!
So why are we doing it? Well, to celebrate three big milestones:
- FotoBuzz - the most exclusive 21st Century online photographic club is getting very near to being launched. Every month we will have a unique FotoMission for you, very similar to this free competition here, so we are getting you into the swing of things! For more info on FotoBuzz and the status of it, see Andrew’s post below....
- Facebook 50,000 Fans - wowsers, my Facebook fan page has gone crazy and now we have over 50,000 followers which is a great testament to my photography and approach to the world of commercial photography.
- CanonExplorer - in case you have not heard the news I have just had the honour of being made a Canon Explorer and join a very select group of professionals. It’s a wonderful achievement and worth shouting about!!
The Competition Brief!
Ok as a professional I am often given a brief to work to, which leaves me scratching the remaining hairs on my head (which doesn’t take long to be fair!). So Andrew and I have thought long and hard and wanted to give a simple, fun brief that any of my fans worldwide will be able to enter. So here is the brief:
Animals do the Funniest Things!
Simple huh? The idea is that we would like you to upload your best picture that has an animal doing something funny. It could be pulling a very funny expression, caught in a very funny pose or doing something that will make us laugh out loud. The picture must celebrate animals, not ridicule them, and they can be wild, domesticated (sheep, cows, pigs) or pets. Here are a few examples.....
Easy, fun and open to everyone! So come on, find out how to enter below......
Here are the rules:
- You can take the picture with any camera, including a camera phone. All we care about is the final picture. Images that are out of focus though will be deleted.
- The subjects can be wild or captive, domesticated animals or pets (like the jumping Higgins above), again we don’t care.
- You can only enter once. You can only enter one picture. If you try to enter twice then BOTH entries will be deleted!
- If you intend to enter a "selfie" please do it with clothes on, really we’d like to keep our dinners down.
- The judges decision, whilst highly controversial, is FINAL and that’s that. We are completely open to bribery and corruption of all sorts, please be creative.
- Images that ridicule animals or that show naughty parts will be deleted immediately. This is a competition that is open to all ages so please be mindful of this.
- If you manipulate any image, i.e. you add something to it that was not there, then you will be called a nasty cheating little so and so and will be disqualified immediately.
- Once you enter your image then that entry is final and may not be changed, so think about it carefully!!!!
- Should the standard of entries fall below par then the judges reserve the right to holiday in the Bahamas for the whole of January.
- Spurs fans may only enter with the phrase - West Ham are the kings of London. And send money too.
- By entering this competition you agree that the image is your copyright and that we may publish it on the BLOG and Facebook in connection with this competition. If you are successful and one of the 10 critique winners you agree to have a very positive public critique of your work so that others may learn from the expert judging panel.
1st Prize will be a personally signed Tiger Collectors Edition Book
with a limited edition print, numbered 50/100 (to celebrate the FB fan milestone!) When you purchase this book I will donate £25 to the 21st Century Tiger organisation to help with their tiger projects.
2nd and 3rd prizes will be free FotoBuzz
membership for 1 year (subject to our terms and conditions) valid from the launch day. You will be one of the first 100 allowed entry onto the site, as we intend to stagger all membership over the first few months.
Andrew and I will also pick our favourite 10 images and will write a short critique on each one. It will not be the usual kind of negative slagging undertaken on the web. It will be positive, inspirational and you will learn from it. The critiques will be published on this BLOG once we have counted all the bribery money, holiday vouchers etc.
No matter where you live in the world you will receive your prize and it’s completely free (if you happen to be a rich arab sheikh then we’d appreciate it if you could send the jet to pick up the book as it’s quite a walk to the post office!)
How to Enter....
Entry will be via my Facebook Fan Page, Andy Rouse Wildlife Photography
, as we do not have the FotoBuzz
upload page ready yet.
So simply do the following:
- Click here to go to my fan page
- You must LIKE the page if you are not already a follower otherwise step 3) will be impossible
- Send me a Message from the page and inside it attach the image that you want to enter. Important - please resize the image to 1024 pixels on the longest side, any full sized images will be deleted to save space. Also equally important - please only enter via my facebook fan page, I am not able to accept entries from Twitter or to my email, no matter how many pictures you threaten me with of my 80’s perm.
- That’s it! Once you have done that you can sit back and relax!
The competition is open frommmmmmmmmmmmm NOW!
The closing date is next Friday, December 21st at midnight (GMT).
Judging will take place over the weekend and the results / critiques will be posted on this BLOG shortly after!
That’s it, both Andrew and I wish you the best of luck!!!!
Many of you have been asking about FotoBuzz
and when it will be launched. Here is Andrew to give you an update...
After several months of fevered behind-the-scenes activity the FotoBuzz
team – me, Rousey, and ace developer ‘Welsh’ Keith are seeing light at the end of the tunnel. But there’s still work to be done before we can launch and let you all in. It has taken a little longer than anticipated, mainly because we keep improving functionality and content to make it even better and we have to let Keith sleep once in awhile. We’re currently deep into creating the regular FotoMissions, where you’ll get to take part in special themed competitions and, hopefully, get feedback from us on your photos.
We’re also increasing the planned content of FotoSkool. I’ve told Rousey he has to write a new series of Wildlife Lessons for all you budding nature snappers; while we have top landscaper David Clapp teaching you everything on that key subject. I’ll be covering the essential generic skills required to master your camera too so nothing is left to chance. On top of these, there’ll be lots of quick, useful lessons added.
really has been a labour of love for us. Creating a new, exclusive community for keen photographers of all levels will only work if you support us. The more members we get, the more we can commit to growing and developing
Remember you can buy a FotoBuzz
Gift Voucher for Xmas. At £70 we guarantee that even if we set the membership at £80 (note we have not decided this yet) you will get full membership for the price you paid.
for a Gift Voucher.